About the IBA Rides and Rules Event Calendar IBA eStore Iron Butt Rally Tech House Search
Iron Butt Association
June 22, 2017
    Introduction         FAQ         > Membership <         Liaison         Sponsor Links         Contact Us         [tm]    

IBA Membership

"How do I become a member of the Iron Butt Association?"

The Iron Butt Association is not your typical "club". We are more a state of mind. We do not have monthly dues, a newsletter, or even a membership card. In fact, the closest thing we have to a membership card is our "World's Toughest Riders" license plate back. On that note, to become a part of the Iron Butt Association, you must complete at least a Bun Burner 1500 (1,500 miles in 36 hours) or the SaddleSore 1000 (1,000 miles in 24 hours). The rules for these rides can be found under the "Rides & Rules" section of this web site.

Completion of a Bun Burner or SaddleSore gets you a certificate of accomplishment, an IBA pin and IBA plate back as well as a listing on our web site as an Iron Butter at www.saddlesore.com/ssbbfin.htm

We do maintain an e-mail news list. We do mail whenever there is news - sometimes that is once a week, sometimes once every few months. To get on the news list, send an e-mail to: kneebone@ironbutt.com and a short note that you want to subscribe to the Iron Butt News

  Iron Butt Association

Please respect our intellectual property rights. Do not distribute any of these documents, or portions therein, without the written permission of the Iron Butt Association!


(c) 2017 iron butt association  |  trademark info  |  contact us