NZ Strait Jacket 1600K
Version No. 1.1
Date last revised: January 19, 2021
2021, Iron Butt Association, Sheridan, Wyoming
Please respect our intellectual property rights.
Do not distribute this document or portions therein, without the written
permission of the Iron Butt Association.
Background / Rules
This is a New Zealand based ride.
This rides has a special certificate with a custom design.
Based on a standard Saddle Sore 1600K ride, but with the following extra requirements.
- Your ride must have a minimum of 600km on each of the two NZ Islands.
- No special time allowance is provided for the ferry crossing.
- The ferry distance does not count towards your ride. - Be careful not to trust your GPS trip distance details!
- You must cross the Cook Strait using public ferry, taking your bike with you.
Read the rules for the iconic SaddleSore 1000 on the Ironbutt Association site. The rules for this ride are similar and you will get valuable background information.
Documentation: See here.
DBR - Dated Business Receipt
A DBR is a machine generated receipt with the date, time and LOCATION on it. Check it - do not assume it is correct. A receipt with an incorrect time/date/location is worthless. Check and re-check.
US$40 - Paypal (send to friends and family) to: [email protected]
Tips - Plan your ride timing:
- To align with required check-in times for your ferry.
- To minimise the ferry crossing time.
- If you were to allow as much as 5.5 hours for the ferry crossing, this ride would require a overall average of 87km/h during the remaining hours. - You do not have to speed to complete this certificate.
- Your timing will need to be highly accurate and you will require very efficient stops.
- This is a challenge of planning and execution.
Nesting other rides
For nesting purposes, this is treated as a standard SaddleSore 1600K.
There is no additional merchandise for this ride.